This manifesto expresses Ella Mesma Company’s commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief and sexual orientation. This manifesto is also a statement to our commitment to being an agent of climate change.
- We recognise that diversity and inclusion help to support creativity and innovation.
- We are committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and to ensuring there is no discrimination wherever we can.
- We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society.
- We will ensure every employee/freelancer feels respected and able to give their best.
- We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- We recognize the imminent threat our species plays to irreversible climate change. We want our planet to be a nurturing and abundant home for all species and we oppose all forms of contamination to the planet.
This list is not in order of importance. We commit to our beliefs by:
- Reducing emissions and harmful inputs into the planet. Where possible we will seek to work in a 100% environmentally practice.
- Promoting efficient water use and banning plastic bottles from our work and home environments.
- Recycling all reusable materials, avoiding non-recyclable material and disposing of non-recyclables responsibly.
- In the creation of sets and costumes, where possible, we will use second hand/used materials.
- Actively seeking to better understand if the number of people we work with are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the dance industry.
- Reviewing all our formal and informal hiring procedures and practices ensuring they are fair.
- Identifying and taking opportunities to increase the diversity of our portfolio and casting decisions.
- Ensuring adjustments are made to enable disabled people to work in/on our projects, both on and off stage.
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions are recognised and valued.
- Ensuring everyone we work with is able to work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all.
- We will not tolerate or witness any form of discrimination, intimidation, bullying or harassment.
We will monitor diversity and equal opportunity by:
- Setting annual diversity targets/goals and practices
- Regularly monitoring selection decisions, practices, and procedures to assess whether equal opportunity is being achieved.
- Revisiting our goals and targets at Quarterly meetings.